What Information Do We Collect?
When you sign up to any of our mailing lists, Lonely Whale collects your email address and other contact information that you provide to us. We will also collect email addresses and other contact information provided by you as part of your use of the features and functions of the Site. If you make a donation to Lonely Whale, we collect the contact and any other information provided by you that is necessary for us to receive and manage your donation. Lonely Whale uses third party providers for the purpose of collecting donations online. If you provide your donation using one of our third party providers, they will provide us with access to all of the information provided by you. As part of your use of the Site, we collect non-personally identifiable information about you through your IP address, computer settings or most-recently visited URL. From time to time, we may also ask you to provide certain non-personally identifiable information about yourself.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
– to provide the information you request and to process and complete your donations and any related transactions;
– to send you confirmations, support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site;
– to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
– to comply with applicable campaign finance and other laws at the federal, state and local level and contact you if other information is necessary under such laws;
– to send you information about our organization or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various campaigns, issues, events, resources, promotions, products and services;
– to solicit volunteers, donations and support for our organization and for issues and organizations that we support;
– to monitor and analyze site usage and trends, to personalize and improve the Site and our users’ experiences on the Site, and to providing content, features and advertising that match your user profiles or interests;
– to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service; and
– for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
What Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
– with vendors, consultants, and other service providers or volunteers who are engaged by or working with us and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
– with other organizations, groups or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles or objectives;
– to report required information to federal, state and local government agencies;
– when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Site, that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
– when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
– when we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lonely Whale, our users, our employees, our volunteers, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect such parties from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful activity or use of our Site;
– in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, reorganization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Lonely Whale.
Notice Regarding Online Petitions
When you sign an online petition, you understand that such petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection therewith publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the press.
Children and Privacy
Our Site is a general audience site and is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not intentionally or knowingly collect any information from anyone under the age of 13.
Our site contains links to other Internet Sites that may have their own privacy policies. Lonely Whale is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any linked sites.
Changes to Policy
To unsubscribe from any Lonely Whale list, please send an email request to email@example.com and type the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line. Although we will promptly remove your email address from our mailing list, you may still receive any emails that are initiated before your email address is removed from the list.
Any questions regarding this statement should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated on December 18, 2017